In parts of the United States, the fall season creates cooler temperatures and colorful leaves. Storing summer shorts, tank tops, and flip-flops means it is time to update your wardrobe to ensure preparation for the chillier weather. To help you prepare, Lisbeth Joe has included fashion trends from InStyle Magazine along with our must-have minimalist footwear–Chelsea boots–to ensure your smooth transition to autumn. Included in this post are fall trends, Chelsea boot recommendations, and a discussion on minimalist footwear featuring the story behind the creation of Lisbeth Joe.
Cooler weather and shorter evenings does not mean stylishness has to also be packed away in your closet next to summer essentials. It is possible to flaunt your pizzazz! Stylists report that 2022 fall trends include plaid prints, oversized blazers, faux fur, power suits, and vintage/upcycled looks (Guerra, Julia, InStyle, The 10 Best Fashion Trends to Wear for Fall 2022, According to Stylists, September 2022). Clothing that can match these trends are:
- A plaid skirt can be worn to work or out on the town in conjunction with a turtleneck. Layering this outfit with a plaid blazer would wow according to stylist’s Soneca Guadara’s expertise.
- Stylist Chellie Carlson advises that an oversized blazer is a “timeless piece” that can match casual jeans and a graphic tee shirt. Another tip Carlson offers is “wearing a blazer with a dress and sneakers as an option for a brunch outing.”
- A faux fur coat is suggested by stylist Christina Stein as the “centerpiece” of an outfit. Additionally, she advises that faux fur accessories would add character to clothing. As a bonus, faux fur is also a cruelty-free option to support environmental stewardship.
- A power suit is a favorite of stylist Jordan Stolch who declares that “the focus of a power suit is on tailoring, such as structured shoulders, crisp lapels, vests, and a cinched-in belted waist.”
- Stylist Vanessa Valiente is a fan of upcycled and vintage clothing that can be found at consignment stores. Her position on buying eco-conscious fashion is admirable and consumers can follow her lead to help preserve the environment. Consider these alarming findings from the BBC article, Why Clothes are So Hard to Recycle:
Around 85% of all textiles thrown away in the US – roughly 13 million tonnes in 2017 – are either dumped into landfill or burned. The average American has been estimated to throw away around 37kg of clothes every year. And globally, an estimated 92 million tonnes of textiles waste is created each year and the equivalent to a rubbish truck full of clothes ends up on landfill sites every second.
Lisbeth Joe commends conscientious leadership in the fashion industry, and encourages consumers to make environmentally-friendly decisions to protect our planet.
While trends fluctuate, the Chelsea boot is a “wardrobe staple” that can be worn with both dressy and casual outfits (Hubbard and Dweck, The Cutest Boots to Wear for Fall, Town&Country Magazine, September 2022). Lisbeth Joe offers a Chelsea minimalist boot in various colors, such as grey, black, and black/leopard. Sizes start at 6 and include 1 ⁄ 2 sizes up to size 12. Here are some ways to incorporate the aforementioned fall trends with our favorite Chelsea boots.
- Plaid Prints - Take inspiration from Merrick's Art that showcases a plaid blazer, jeans, and leggings styled with Chelsea boots. This casual look would work well for a coffee shop outing or a movie matinee
- Oversized blazer
- Faux Fur - The Chelsea boot can be combined with a faux fur jacket and a Little Black Dress for a fancier occasion, such as a New Year’s Eve party - which by the way is only 2 months away.